Update from Lake Okeechobee
I talked to Misti today. Here is a rundown of what has been going on…
– They made it to Clewiston on Friday.
– Lots of road walking. Walking on levees and through burning cane fields. Its been pretty boring since leaving Big Cypress.
– Had a trail angel pick them up today and take them to the grocery store to pick up food for the next week.
– It’ll be about about 10 days until they will be anywhere to access a computer and post something themselves.
– Wildlife seen: osprey, snail kite, white pelican, eastern diamondback, cottonmouth, raccoon, armadillo.
That’s about it. Misti and Chris seemed to be in good spirit and having a great time.
Praying for you as you travel. Love and miss you both.
Hope they can let me know when they think they’ll be close to Lake Placid so I can meet up with them!
Yeah for the update! Keep on trekking!