If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed by email! Thanks for visiting!
- Husband flew home from Pennsylvania after a flight delay on Tuesday night. Delayed our intention of leaving for far west Texas until the wee hours of Wednesday morning.
- As in 2 a.m. wee hours of the morning.
- Arrived in Mountain Standard Time at Guadalupe Mountains National Park and was thus happy to receive an extra hour of hiking.
- Our friends Deal and Steadee who we know via the Appalachian Trail met us out there and we then climbed up the tallest mountain in Texas.
- Got my ass kicked by said mountain.
- Had salad for lunch…I wonder why mountain kicked my ass? Hrm, let’s see here….
- Saw a beautiful sunrise from the top of Texas!
- Got my ass kicked yet again going up endless switchbacks to the McKittrick Ridge campsite.
- Saw tons of mule deer.
- Got pelted by rain and wind.
- Hiked among snow flurries. Got worried a white out would happen and then pondered the thought of losing the trail.
- Pondered for no reason as the sun came out a few hours later.
- Walked along beautiful creek beds
- Saw Barbary Sheep on the way down from the mountain this morning.
- Am very tired.
- Will hopefully get a few good posts up soon!
- Hope your Thanksgiving was great!
Love your quick recap!! Anxious to see pictures. Missed seeing y’all for the holiday but know you were doing what makes your hearts sing. Love you.
I like the summary! It made me chuckle. Jealous that you saw some Barbery Sheep (even though I don’t really know what they are), but not jealous that you got snow flurries, rain & wind!
Whew! Busy few days. Missed you for thanksgiving too. glad you didnt have a white out too.