It’s been awhile since I’ve done any of these but here are some things I’ve loved this week!
- Pod Save America’s interview with Hillary Clinton. I’m on the list to borrow her book at the library and I can’t wait to read it but this was a very satisfying show to tide me over. I just wanted to reach through the computer and hug her and it dragged up a lot of feelings I had from the day after the election. She would have been an excellent president.
- The latest two episodes of the With Her podcast. Yep, more interviews with Hillary. So good!
- This adorable, make-you-cry video from Serena Williams on her pregnancy journey. *sniff sniff*
- Very thankful that my friend Chel made it through Irma while riding it out with her family on Marco Island. They didn’t leave the island due to some health issues that prevented long travel and being in a shelter wasn’t going to work for them either. While her parent’s condo had some window damage when they shattered during the eye wall passing over, her house was thankfully spared much damage and the storm surge didn’t affect her house either. Unfortunately it looks like Everglades City and Chokoloskee and the Lower Keys, not so much. My friend Eliana over in Miami had a lot of damage to the yard as well as some issues with water leaking through the walls. From thinking this storm was going to do to Florida what it did to the Caribbean islands, this could have been much worse. Can we have another long period without major storms?
- Fall seed sowing season! I’ve spent the week prepping beds, going through seeds, and getting them sown. Maybe I’ll get around to an update next week. Can’t wait for greens season again!
Have a great weekend!