A Change of Scenery

hair3

hair2

hair1

I went back and forth for a few days about cutting my hair. I’d just ooogled at my long hair photos from hiking and thought about growing it out long again. But then I didn’t. I felt the urge for a good hair cut, someone to play with my hair. I don’t know about you, but having a wash, cut and style is just about as cathartic as a massage. If I didn’t have to stay awake for the stylist to tell me to dip my chin or turn my head I would totally fall asleep.

I went in asking for a bob, something short and cute. It didn’t end up how I thought, and she just kept cutting and cutting! The part about the hair falling on my neck being the shortest part must have eluded her, I was thinking that would be the under part with longer layers on top. Oh well. At least I’m happy with it! The front is longer than the back, which I like because I can keep tucking the hair behind my ears in my usual fashion.

When I got home it felt freeing, a little bit bouncy to walk around, like having some weight lifted off my shoulders, even if it was only hair.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Facebook Twitter Email

7 thoughts on “A Change of Scenery

1. Gayle says:

Cute!

2. Elizabeth says:

I like it! And I feel the same way about a haircut. If I could just hire someone to wash my hair for me…oh my. Bliss.

3. Chris says:

You got the same haircut I did! I think it’s called a “stack”. I’m still not used to mine, but I look at it as giving my hair a fresh start. Plus side: I use a lot less shampoo and conditioner on it now 🙂 It looks way cuter on you than me!

4. Moosie says:

Cute!

5. Super cute! Until a few years ago, I’ve always had my hair really short. Tempted to cut mine off now…hmn… 🙂
    -Jaime

6. chel says:

I LOOOOOOOOOVe it! I cut off my hair (waist length) in grad school and besides one grow for Locks of Love, I never would go back to long hair. Right now mine is chin length and needs a trim and it’s driving me crazy! It looks GORGEOUS on you, Misti!

7. Patrice says:

Love it!! And I agree with you … getting a haircut is almost good as getting a massage!