I’m Misti and I’ve been writing this blog in some format since 2002. Blogging has changed a lot since then and my blog has evolved over time as well. I’ve always written a little bit about everything, so you’ll find writings from my garden, hiking, to posts about my family here.
I write from just outside of Houston, Texas and was born in Texas, but we spent 2002-2010 living in various parts of Florida. Florida still holds my heart in many ways!
Do check out the side-bar of other places I’ve been interviewed for a bit of a different perspective about me!
A few more tidbits you should know:
- We thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail in 2010.
- Then we thru-hiked the Florida Trail in 2011
- We became parents to Forest in September 2014. He keeps us on our toes!
- How my blog got its name.
- I produce two podcasts: The Garden Path Podcast & Orange Blaze: A Florida Trail Podcast. You can find them on all major podcatching services.
- Ghost Orchids are an interest of ours, and we documented over 600 previously unknown plants in 2007.
- You can reach me via email at oceanicwilderness at gmail dot com. Or leave me a message down below and I’ll respond to you via email.
Dr. Martin Nyffeler
I am an arachnologist from Basel, Switzerland, specializing in feeding ecology of spiders. I would like to discuss with you about your photos depicting a Dolomedes spider devouring a fish. Would you please contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
I do not want your photo. I just want to know more about what you have witnessed. Thanks!
Your photos are incredible — wildlife photography is my fantasy job! I’m definitely putting you in my reader!
Hey there – I hiked the AT in 2012 and am considering a 2-3 week section of the Florida Trail in Feb/March next year – any sections that you could recommend as being the best and worth using that time to complete?
Any help would be appreciated!