Updated July 2017
I’m Misti and I’ve been writing this blog in some format since 2002. Blogging has changed a whole lot since then and my blog has evolved over time as well. I’ve always written a little bit about everything, so you’ll find writings from my garden, hiking, to posts about my family here.
I write from just outside of Houston, Texas and was born in Texas, but we spent 2002-2010 living in various parts of Florida. Florida still holds my heart in many ways!
A few more tidbits you should know:
- We thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail in 2010.
- Then we thru-hiked the Florida Trail in 2011
- We became parents to Forest in September 2014.
- How my blog got its name.
- Wildscape Photo is our photography site. It needs some updating, but we’d love to sell your a photograph! Or, I’d love to do a portrait session with you and/or your family!
- Ghost Orchids are an interest of ours, and we documented over 600 previously unknown plants in 2007.
- You can reach me via email at oceanicwilderness at gmail dot com. Or leave me a message down below and I’ll respond to you via email.