Angel Ashleigh

Ashleigh Ryon

After writing that Ashleigh was doing so good, I am heartbroken to write that she has passed away. I don’t know if it was fate, luck or divine intervention, but we were hiking yesterday morning on a ridge and Chris has left his phone on by accident after calling his mom that morning and the phone rang. The phone doesn’t just ring out there for us. People know we are hiking. I knew something was up. It was my mom calling with the news. Once we realized we had a road in 7 miles and didn’t have to back track we kept on going while trying to make arrangements to get off the trail with my dad. We got to the road and realized it could be very difficult to get out, but the kindness of a stranger stopped and drove us to Pearisburg so our phone would work, we got a shuttle and made it to the airport and finally to DFW at nearly midnight last night.

We will be taking several days off and going back to the trail sometime next week.

It just seems so stupid. She was here and now she’s not. She was doing good, looking to come home.

Anyway. Please think of our family, especially my brother and sister in law and Zoe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Facebook Twitter Email

22 thoughts on “Angel Ashleigh

1. Angelika says:

So sorry to read those sad news, Misti. Wishing your brother and sister in law all the strength they need now.

2. Orit says:

I’m so sorry to hear this Misty. May G-d give you and your family the strength to get through this.

3. Oh Misti!!! Oh no!!!
    I am so truly, very, very sorry.
    My heart is hurting for you all.
    May God wrap you and your family in His arms and give you peace and strength that pass understanding.
    I wish I could give you a hug.

4. Candace says:

I am so sorry. I’m shocked as she was doing so well.
    I’ve been keeping an eye out for more updates about her, and reading about this breaks my heart. Praying for your brother, SIL and little Zoe. ((hugs))

5. Erin says:

Misti, I am so sorry for the loss of baby Ashleigh. She was such a fighter! Thinking of you and your brother and sister-in-law, and family. ((hugs))

6. Melissa says:

Here via @MissWisabus on Twitter…

My heart goes out to your entire family. Praying for baby Ashleigh, your brother, SIL, and Zoe. *Hugs*

7. Elizabeth says:

My heart is breaking for you guys. All my love and prayers. My mom sends her love as well, and I know my Grandma Sally is thinking about you all.

8. chelle says:

hugs and much love. i will talk to you today chica. i almost called u at midnight to make sure you were ok but i figured you were in good hands finally. (not that chris isn’t good hands! – oops!) just umm…you were gettin the hugs you been needing..

anyway 😛 talk to you soon my sweet friend

9. Chris says:

I am so, so sad to hear about Ashleigh…damn. Thougths and prayers are with your whole family, especially Curtis, Stephanie and Zoe…

10. Kim says:

No, no, NO!! I just knew she was going to make it. I can’t tell you what this news has done to me, I’m so sorry. I’ll be sending prayers up for all of you.

11. Robin says:

Misti,

I am so absolutely heartbroken for you all. I literally sobbed all the way to work after I read your news. I’m crying right now just typing this. She was indeed a fighter until the end! Sending prayers and strength for all of you during this most difficult time.

12. Brenda says:

Misty,

I am really sorry about Ashley. Since she was born, she has been in my mind and in my prayers. I always hoped that she sould soon come home to your brother and sister in law. I will keep her and all your family in my prayers.

13. marge says:

inadequate words, but so sorry. sympathies to the family.

14. Misti says:

Oh Misti, I am so sorry for your family’s loss. I was so hoping that she would be able to go home. My thoughts go out to you all at this time.

15. Amber says:

Misti, I am so, so sorry…you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. 🙁

16. […] never met and only recently found online…turns out blogging is in our blood) and his wife lost their dear, sweet baby girl, Ashleigh. As I mentioned a few months ago, she was born at 26 weeks and was a real miracle. I was shocked to […]

17. Prem says:

Prayers and thoughts with you and your family during this difficult time.

—Prem

18. Ashley says:

Oh Misti I am so sorry. My thoughts are withe you and your family. Many healing hugs to you. XO

19. Heather says:

I’m am so sorry, Misti. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

20. Tailor'sDaughter says:

Oh, Misti. Of course I’ll keep you and your family in my thoughts. <<>>

21. Stephanie H says:

Misti,
    I’m so sorry for the loss of the precious baby girl. I’ll be thinking and praying for you and your family. Hugs to all of you.

22. […] year. March 13: Started the trail, April 20: Getting close to Damascus, May 4: Dad comes to hike, Asheligh slips away while we have a beautiful […]