Misti’s Christmas Top 10
Top 10 Christmas Movies:
- A Christmas Story: my all time favorite Christmas movie…24 hours of it on TNT is perfect!
- It’s a Wonderful Life: preferably in black and white
- Bridget Jones’ Diary: a turkey-curry buffet…need I say more? “The gravy needs sieving!” “Oh, just stir it, Una!”
- Love Actually: so much love in this movie and so much hope…the multiple love stories are awesome.
- Miracle on 34th Street: the black and white version of course!
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation: just too funny and full of hilarity!
- The Christmas Child: it has my favorite Anne of Green Gables actress, Megan Follows, which says the most of why it is on this list, but it is a cute movie.
- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer: claymation at it’s best!
- Babes in Toyland: watched this a lot while growing up, but I haven’t seen it in ages!
- Little Women: not specifically Christmas, but a lot of the movie is around Christmas.
Top 10 Christmas Songs:
- Carol of the Bells: my favorite Christmas carol of all time!
- Oh Come All Ye Faithful
- Angels We Have Heard on High: my favorite version is the one in the 1994 version of Little Women
- All I Want for Christmas is You
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
- Adam Sandler’s Hanukkah song
- O Holy Night
- Christmastime is Here
What are your favorites?
I’m going to be eating a lot of food the next few days but I’m looking forward to it! We’re having at least four meals at various family places and I know I will be overindulging a lot! I’m sure some napping will be involved!
Little Drummer Boy ( Bing Crosby / David Bowie )
Once again, we are a lot alike!!
Love Actually is definitely my favorite, along with A Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation.
My favorite songs are:
Angels We Have Heard on High
Do They Know It’s Christmas?
Little Drummer Boy
All I Want for Christmas is You
Carol of the Bells
Dominick the Donkey (the Italian Christmas song) … it’s just too funny