I finished the turtleneck last weekend, well really a day or two before that, but I touched up the sleeves a bit by adding two more rounds.
For the most part I’m happy with the results. The blocking definitely made the sweater fit a little bit better but the loose area up at the top still exists to some extent. I’m also likely not going to wear this anytime soon. It fits snugly around the middle and though I’m sucking in some in the photos, I’ve got a bit of a Buddha belly going on right now that I’m trying to work off this spring.
I did like the feel of the yarn though. During the process of making the piece I had been trying it on over a base layer and this time I skipped it. I think either way it will work well.
Now that I can see the pattern of the yarn, the zigzag is pretty cool looking!
I felt a little lost earlier in the week without it to work on but now I’ve moved to redesigning the blog a bit (click through if you are in a reader right now) and will be trying to work on photos for a week or so.
Feels nice to complete something!