Saturday evening I finally finished Forest’s rainbow afghan that he requested last fall. His original request was for a rainbow blanket with red and blue on the ends. My original thought was to use the yarn I already had but then thinking about having to switch yarn every couple of rows didn’t sound appealing. Forest and I ended up finding and agreeing on the self striping Lion Brand Mandala Yarn in Gnome, Cupid, and Spirit colorways. And I LOVE IT! Honestly, I want it for myself which means I’m going to borrow it as much as possible! Hah!
I started on it sometime last November but royally screwed up the blanket by slowly creating a decrease on each row until I woke up and realized what I was doing. That meant unraveling it all! After I got my act together in mid-December I’ve been working on it on and off, more steadily this last month. I had hoped to finish a few weeks ago but it wasn’t until last week that I figured I could buckle down and get it done by Easter, and I did!
Phew…now I can move on to a pattern for a top that I bought yarn for last fall and work on that, but for now I’m going to decompress with some reading!