I had intended to write this out this morning but alas, I slept in and the rest of the day was a mix of busy and lazy. I used to do Silent Sunday’s around here but have stopped in recent years. I feel like doing something weekly so let’s make it Good Things on Sunday Morning (or evening!).
A few things from this week:
- Charade is my Favorite Movie via Summer Brennan. This is probably the best thing I’ve read in a long time on the internet! It was utterly delightful and any Audrey Hepburn fan will love it! I can’t recall when I first watched Charade but I think it was in middle or high school and I’m pretty sure I watched it before I watched Breakfast at Tiffany’s. My friend Stephanie is also a huge Audrey Hepburn fan (I actually liked Katherine first—The Philadelphia Story anyone?) and we would talk about the movies sometimes. I may have originally watched it on TCM, but I cannot recall. Either they or another channel would also play silent films back in the 90s and I would love watching those. I wish I knew where we could watch those now! Maybe YouTube?
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel has returned for its final season. After I caught up on the episodes that had already been released I’ve been looking forward to watching weekly instead of bundling it all up into a binge. It’s been fun to see where they’ve taken the storyline into the future and with flashbacks and I’ll definitely be sad when the show ends.
- In more tv watching, the last part of Firefly Lane had me sobbing in tears last weekend. Is this a good thing? I dunno, but sometimes you just need something to trigger the tears to flow and boy, this one does it! Another superb show!
- I’ve been in a nature funk the last two weeks but I’ve been delighting in the mushrooms that have been sprouting up in the last week from all the rain we’ve been having.
- In place of my nature funk, I have A LOT of things going on in my brain for writing, just not enough time to focus on it all. Which is probably why I’ve been a bit distracted. It’s a good thing, the creativity is flowing, but I need to figure out how to get it out of me so I can get back into some nature!
- And in really super simple Good Things—buying waffle cones from the grocery store to eat my ice cream with is just the most amazing delight there is! I love a good waffle cone with my ice cream and it really just takes it all up a notch and makes the ice cream that much better!
I hope everyone had a great weekend!