My word for 2012 was Prolific. I’d say the first half of the year was pretty good word wise but the last half went downhill, unless you count endless work on the house and yard as being prolific!
I definitely find that the first half of any year is better word-wise but some years are better than others. The year I turned 28 I had a list of 28 things I wanted to do. I made my way through the list pretty well but didn’t manage to get them all done. Oh well, but the point was having something tangible, writing actual goals down instead of something general.
Picking a word is also enjoyable but lends itself to being more creative too. Sometimes words surprise you too, you never know where they will take you.
Prolific didn’t quite get me where I thought it would but here I am at the end of the year and am still glad I chose the word anyway. What happened over the last year, prolifically or otherwise?
- Rang in New Years at Enchanted Rock
- Visited Westcave Preserve for the first time
- Delved into the word of fermentation by making my own sauerkraut….starting another batch now!
- I started Sprout Dispatch with my brother and Chel….probably one of the best things I did this year and I’ve really enjoyed it. If you haven’t stopped by Sprout Dispatch please do and be sure to subscribe!
- On the creative front I didn’t really do a whole lot, I made a chunky scarf, a cell phone cozy, one quilt and another scarf. I forgot, I did draw something! Not a whole lot creatively in that aspect, but that is mostly because I spent many months unpacking and organizing after our move. This year I’m planning on a lot of creative works!
- Watching birds being banded at the Gulf Coast Bird Observatory was probably one of the more interesting things I did in the spring. Plus I got to meet up with Keely…which I need to do again soon.
- Went to my first photo show and what an interesting experience that was. I’d love to enter a couple more serious exhibitions this year.
- Backpacking in Arkansas! That was a great trip and I hope there is another short backpacking adventure this spring.
- We bought a house! The whole process with buying our house happened quickly and the house we ended up buying only made it on my list to visit at the last minute. It was on the higher end of our price range and I didn’t think it would be the one we loved but threw it on anyway….and here we are! Glad I put it on there!
- If anything was prolific this year it was the feral cat population at our house! Holy moly! Now we’re down to five or six steady cats with others that have moved down the street but they come around every so often too. Not the 15 cats we had at one point. Whoa!
- Seattle, giant trees, mosses everywhere, The Pacific, and so much more that I still have to write up!
- A good crop of sweet potatoes!
- Exploring Lost Maples State Natural Area….which I also need to still finish writing up!
It wasn’t a crazy adventurous year of the last couple of years but it was still full of exciting things and prolific in other ways I suppose.
Here’s to 2013….and another word. 😉